- What is this?
- How To Set-up
- 1. Add Resource Link
- 2. Choose a template
- 3. Retitle and describe (optional)
- Student View
- 1. Open the course page
- 2. Open the Resource
- 3. Save as Asset
What is this?
A PebblePad resource can be directly linked to from within a Brightspace course. This provides a way for students to give structured responses using PebblePad's templates and workbooks.
Standard, pre-prepared PebblePad resources can be used, as well as custom-built versions where students are required to capture specific information.
Direct links are a quick and simple solution to using PebblePad resources and bypass the need to link an ATLAS workspace.
How To Set-up
Requires the user to be enrolled as an Instructor or Course Designer on the Brightspace course.
The following can be added to any Content area - example shows within Week 1.
1. Add Resource Link
- Navigate to the course's Content, and to within the required section
- Select the Existing Activities button from the sub menu
- From the dropdown, scroll and choose Resource Linking Tool
2. Choose a template
- Your PebblePad Resource Store will be displayed in the modal window
- Scroll to select the desired template
- Once selected, you'll be returned to the Brightspace page.
If the account holder is the owner or collaborator of a custom resource, these will also be listed in your PebblePad Resource Store and available for selection.
3. Retitle and describe (optional)
- Use the Bulk Edit button to update the link's details
- Select the title, and type to rename it.
- Select the Add a description, type in the text area, and Update button to confirm
- Select the Done Editing button when complete
Requires the user to be enrolled as a Student on the Canvas course.
1. Open the course page
- Navigate to the Brightspace page containing the PebblePad resource link.
2. Open the Resource
- Select the PebblePad link on the page to open PebblePad directly in the resource.
3. Save as Asset
- Add a title in the Save as... field
- Save the page using the Save button
- Use the Burger menu button in the top menu to expand the menu bar.
- Select the Assets link to open the Asset Store.
- The new template is saved here.
Custom resources set to single-use will not allow students to create multiple copies and will redirect them back to their first saved version in their Asset Store.