For the Canvas to PebblePad integration, the default username that is passed via the LTI connection can be changed to one of the following:
|PebblePad Administration API||Canvas JSON file (LTI)|
How to set-up
In PebblePad - login with a Global Administrator account:
- Open the burger menu, (top left, menu bar)
- Select Additional Settings and choose Administration
- Select the Integrations tab and choose the Canvas sub-tab
- Change the Membership Username Parameter and choose the corresponding option from the table above.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and Save
In Canvas - login with an Administrator account:
- Choose Admin from the main menu
- Choose Developer Keys
- Select the Edit this key icon for the Developer Key you need to adjust.
- Choose Additional Settings
- In the Custom Fields area, adjust the custom_pebble_username
- Save changes
How to test
It's important to test both the LTI and the API routes to ensure duplicate accounts are not created.
- Login into Canvas with a student account.
- Go to PebblePad via the course navigation or assignment link.
- From the Pebble+, choose to open ATLAS from the top menu bar.
- In ATLAS, check the username in the top right-hand corner.
- Login into Canvas with an administrator account.
- Navigate to a (test) course.
- In People, check enrolled students are not in a pending state.
- Follow the steps to add a new assignment.
- When in ATLAS workspace click on Management > Members
- Ensure the usernames have synched with the correct format.