Frequently Asked Questions

How are SSO accounts created if a user has not accessed PebblePad via the LTI? 
Accounts will be created when the user first logs into PebblePad. The system will take the details passed as part of the SSO request and then use them to po...
Tue, 30 Oct, 2018 at 2:24 PM
Will a user with an account created with LTI be able to login using the same username via the SSO login page? 
PebblePad is designed to work with multiple integrations. This is done by matching requests from different systems on the username. This means that as long ...
Tue, 30 Oct, 2018 at 2:27 PM
How do accounts sync when using SSO?
User accounts are not synced with with your Identity Provider, as IdP's do not provide a user directory to sync the details with. Instead the details a...
Tue, 30 Oct, 2018 at 2:30 PM
I currently SSO into PebblePad from my LMS, why do I need to add a secondary method of authentication to use PebblePocket?
The reason for this is that in order to use PebblePocket the user must first link the app with their PebblePad account. When used in conjunction with a ...
Tue, 30 Oct, 2018 at 2:36 PM
Why do internal shares require a login when external shares do not?
The single sign on URL that is included in the email was implemented to assist external users who commonly forget their credentials due to using the system ...
Tue, 30 Oct, 2018 at 2:37 PM
How do I change an external examiners email address?
To change an external email address you will need to: Log into ATLAS Click on the Manage Your Organisations Name button under Administration Click the Ext...
Tue, 22 Jan, 2019 at 11:38 AM
Why is our collaborative asset or resource still locked when no-one is editing it?
When you have finished editing a collaborative asset or resource it is very important that you exit the item by navigating away from it within PebblePad BEF...
Thu, 14 Feb, 2019 at 4:16 AM
Is it possible for a student with an AD account to reset/set a static password, allowing them to enter via "guest/external account" and a password which is not synchronised with AD or SSO logins?
If the account was manually created in the PebblePad Administration portal (or via our API) and the account doesn't appear greyed out when edited then...
Tue, 26 Feb, 2019 at 9:46 AM
Is it possible for a student to create an alumni account separate from their institution, but still using an institutional email address, e.g. student1@students.my-uni.ac.uk?
Yes. When the user signs up for an Alumni account they get to choose what username and email address they want to use. This email address can be the same as...
Tue, 26 Feb, 2019 at 9:50 AM
Is it possible for a student to edit/update their email address if their account is managed by the institution?
No. User details for externally authenticated accounts are provided by the authenticating system and are updated on login. This means that if a user wants t...
Tue, 26 Feb, 2019 at 9:54 AM

Recent Articles

Blogs