When systems work together it makes life more straightforward and that’s why we believe open standards are an important part of the elearning world. Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) is possibly the most significant standard to emerge for elearning systems and, as you might expect, we’ve embraced this standard in PebblePad. PebblePad currently supports LTI 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 and as new versions of the standard emerge we’ll move forward with those to make sure we can integrate in ever more meaningful ways. PebblePads LTI integration supports the following capabilities:
- Single Sign On from other systems to PebblePad The creation of launch links within learning content to Pebble+ and ATLAS
- The ability to create workspaces from an external system via the workspace wizard. This automatically synchronises membership from the external system and includes role details such as tutor and student.
- Transfer of course grades from a workspace to an external system.
- Link directly to templates or workbooks from hyperlinks in Blackboard/Moodle content.
PebblePad supports full-capability LTI integration with:
- Blackboard (LTI 1.1 via Basic LTI tools block)
- D2L Brightspace (LTI 1.1)
- Moodle (LTI 1.0 and 2.0)
- Sakai (LTI 1.1)
For more about LTI visit the IMSGlobal website http://www.imsglobal.org/toolsinteroperability2.cfm
The attached tipsheet provides an overview of the LTI integration functionality from the teacher perspective, explaining how the functionality is used to for SSO and for setting up and managing ATLAS workspaces.