Pompeii by PebblePad

"I wanted to find a non-traditional means of assessment that allowed students to express themselves as creatively as possible, while still encouraging research and presentation skills, and team work."

Dr. Joanne Berry, Department of Classics, Ancient History and Egyptology, Swansea University, UK  (2016)

Themes: eAssessment, Group Work, Peer Review

PebblePad feature: Portfolios

Is it acceptable to remotely supervise placement students electronically via their eportfolio reflective learning blogs?

"After the initial pilot we now supervise every student placement in this way. The method has now been in operation for 4 years... Student grades have improved and electronic diary entries are, on average, more than twice the length of their paper-based equivalents."

Pritpal Singh Sembi, School of Law, Social Sciences and Communications, University of Wolverhampton,UK (2012)

Themes: ReflectioneAssessmentPlacement

PebblePad features: Blogs, Templates

PebblePad profiles for enhanced employability and reflexivity in the arts

"As soon as PebblePad was introduced at the university, I saw its potential as a tool for personal reflection, leading on to empowerment through understanding and ability to articulate one’s own skills and competencies."

Eti Wade, University of West London, UK (2012)

Themes: ReflectionGraduate AttributesEmployability

Improving results and student experience through the application of the BLPAS (Blended Learning Phased Assessment Strategy) framework to a cohort of 200 level 5 students

"The phased assessment method through PebblePad has proven to be a success in terms of the learning experience for the student and the results achieved."

Ingrid Kanuga,  The London School of Hospitality and Tourism, University of West London, UK (2012)

Themes: e-Assessment, Placement, Graduate Attributes, Employability

PebblePad features: Portfolios

Student Example, Creative Expressive Therapies

"I would advise lecturers / course designers who are thinking of using PebblePad for course work, to offer hands-on sessions so that students can learn to use it and gain confidence before having to complete their assignments on it."

Ruth Barnsley, University of Derby, UK (2012)

Themes: Employability

PebblePad feature: Portfolios