PebblePad version 1902 introduces a new GraphQL based version 2.0 API to provide customers access to user account information for integration in organisational account management systems.
GraphQL provides a standardised method of interacting with APIs which allows the client to specify what data it needs in a single query rather than having to combine results from multiple endpoints. It also allows for much more expressive queries than can be easily provided via a REST API, this allow any combination of filters to be applied as required without needing any changes to the API.
The new API provides the same basic user information previously available in the v1.0 API, including the name, email, username and associated ids. Beyond this, additional statistics relating to the usage of the account are available to assist in making decisions about account housekeeping tasks, these include:
- Alumni account created?
- Date the account was marked as dormant (if dormant)
- Date the account was marked for deletion (if marked for deletion)
- Date the account became active
- Date the account was created
- Last login date
- Number of logins
- Expiry date of the account (if set)
- Total size of files uploaded by user
- Number of assets created by user
- Number of assets shared by user
- Number of comments left
- Number of files uploaded
- Number of assets submitted to ATLAS