"There seemed to be a real buzz and competitiveness about the event"

Portfolio competitions are a great way to motivate users to share their portfolio designs and take a moment to shine. Examples below are from some recent initiatives by our customers to engage users and encourage creative portfolio design. A competiiton is also a great way to raise awareness of portfolio practice and PebblePad across your institution.  If you are interested in running a similar event at your institution, take a look at Edith Cowan University's experience of holding a portfolio competition.

Portland State University (US)

PebblePad ePortfolio Awards Competition

To celebrate our first year of PebblePad at PSU, the Office of Academic Innovation partnered with PebblePad to give away cash prizes and digital badges for the best and most creative PebblePad ePortfolios on campus! Both PSU faculty and students were eligible to win. We had nearly 20 ePortfolios eager to grab a prize—and many did!

Winning entries

Best design

Best writing and reflection 

Best writing and reflection 

Griffith University (Aus)

About Me Challenge #1

The first Remarkable Me challenge was to create an About Me portfolio that includes:

• Welcome Page (Who I am)
  • Curricular Goals (Why I am at Griffith)
  • Co-curricular and Extracurricular Activities (What I do outside of class)

Winning entries (4 available at the link)

Contribute

If you have run a similar competition and would like to share the outcomes, let us know. Please also get in touch if you would like any ideas or assistance in running an event at your institution - we'd love to be involved! Email Jodie at community@pebblepad.com